Old 15-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Kay

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Colin
Spooner writes

Also can Euphorbias be propagated successfully from cuttings?

I have, they seemed to need a sharp draining compost, be from very young
shoots, and I also found using hormone rooting powder would stop the cut
stems from bleeding (I suspect talc would work just as well!) if you can get
them with a heel that's better. I generally remove all the stems that have
flowered mainly to prevent seeding.

I don't have any problems with seedlings from any of them except for E
mellifera, and the main problem with that is not the seedlings but being
bombarded with seeds as we sit on the terrace! I don't remove the stems
as I suspect it's getting towards its border of hardiness in Yorks, but
I find that every three years or so it decides by itself to kill off all
its flowering stems and re-shoot from the base. So it fluctuates in size
from about 4ft diameter to 6ft diameter ;-)
--
Kay