Old 16-03-2005, 01:01 AM
kathy

Hi Sam,

A $1,000 koi I can understand! Though if I was putting
a $1,000 koi outside I'd design something pretty dang
safe before ever letting a heron draw a bead on it. But
most of us had no idea herons even existed until we
put in our ponds.

And I have no problem with animals that you describe.
I'm just really interested in what they'll say about my
feeder fish and $5.99 koi in my backyard.

I had a heron pay me a visit last week. Huge
bird. The watergardening labradors alerted me to his
visit and when I opened the slider he flew away. What
a treat! He hasn't come back that I know of as the fish
seem to be up on the surface lazing around every
afternoon.

kathy :-)