Old 16-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Stephen Henning

"The Hinchliffes" wrote:

I've done my homework but can't decide which chainsaw - a Husqvarna 350 or
an Olea Mac 947. Both are about the same weight, both have 18" bars, but the
Huskie is bigger by 4 to 5cc. The Huskie is $100 (Aussie fun tickets) more
expensive but does come with a case. Which one to buy!

I have never seen the Oleo-Mac 947 Petrol Chain-saw in the USA.
However, the Husqvarna 350 is very popular here. Of course we don't
have many gum trees (Eucalyptus) here either except the ones we
originally started from those in the land of Aus. Actually after
numerous droughts, many areas, especially in California (the land of
fire and rain, mud slides and earth quakes, intolerance and diversity,
redwood trees and death valley, fruits and nuts, drought and wine,
Hollywood and Disneyland, the terminator and the governator), started
planting Eucalyptus trees because they are extremely drought resistant.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6