Old 16-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Magwitch

Des Higgins muttered:

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Des Higgins
writes

I got to like him from his column in the Observer (I have no idea if it is
still running).

Yes, Monty Don's articles still appear weekly in the Sunday Observer.

Those articles used to be fantastic. They were very stylish and passionate
when most other gardening columns were about how to kill greenfly on leeks.
I cannot imagine what he can write about after nearly 10 years of it though.

Why the past tense? I suppose the great thing about gardening is that every
year is different, and there is always something to learn or pass on.

Christopher Lloyd on Saturday morning in the (durty pinko liberal) Guardan
was also fantastic but for completely different reasons.

Agreed. Great Dixter is one of the 'must see' gardens, my brother worked
there as part of his 'year out' and was inspired.

I enjoy reading them more than watching 4his GW presentations.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.