Old 16-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Tony Mo

Can't comment on Olea. Here in Canada, it's Stihl or Husqvarna in the bush.
Everything else is a child's toy IMO. It depends what your going to do with
it and how much you will be using it. If you're just cutting firewood a few
times a year then you could probably save some money and go with a little
smaller engine. If you're using it for bigger tasks or using it everyday,
then I would say minimum 50cc engines. The Husky 350 will take a 13 inch to
20 inch bar. Remember that the longer the bar, the more horsepower you need
to move the chain around it. So only go with the longest bar you need.
Try to get your dealer to throw in a face shield/ear protection helmet.
There are no short cuts to safety, especially with a chainsaw.
"Keep your stick on the ice"
Tony
Ontario Canada

"The Hinchliffes" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've done my homework but can't decide which chainsaw - a Husqvarna 350 or
an Olea Mac 947. Both are about the same weight, both have 18" bars, but
the Huskie is bigger by 4 to 5cc. The Huskie is $100 (Aussie fun tickets)
more expensive but does come with a case. Which one to buy!