Old 16-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Reel McKoi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Is it just me or does anyone else find this thread disturbing? We put in
ponds, put in fish and create perfect feeding grounds for local

inhabitants,
and then we want to kill the inhabitants? This reminds me of the "bear
problem" in MD. People are bulldozing forests in Western MD, building

houses
and then complaining about the bears eating their garbage and terrorizing
their peaceful forest side burbs. It's a people problem, not a bear

problem.
=================
Yes, it's disturbing. We had similar problems with farmers and new home
owners here in some rural areas. People will buy a new home (in
subdivisions) adjoining a farm, knowing it's a farm and will have animal
aromas - then complain to the County the "stench" is sickening them, there
are flies, the tractor wakes them at 5 AM, they have no quality if
life..... This just seems to be human nature.

Rather than harm the wildlife we netted the ponds and breeding pools. There
are 3 *OPEN* pools of goldfish culls and extra plants for the frogs, newts
and other critters native to our area.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and