Old 16-03-2005, 07:10 PM
kathy

Always been a problem and seems to be getting worse, the clash of
wildlife and human population needs.

We lived in and amongst the bears when we lived in Northern Canada.
They'd walk down the main street and we'd take the alley way. Seemed to
be the prudent thing to do.

We had a dachshund who thought she was hot stuff, take no prisoners,
let me at that mailman, I'll rip him to shreds, type of dog.

Her nest was right beside the porch door. When the bears came up on the
porch to partake of the garbage smorgasbord she never uttered a single
bark, growl or woof. Her reputation as a Tough Dog took a hit after
that...

kathy :-)