Old 16-03-2005, 04:41 PM
David

"Mike" wrote in message
We have about 20 odd who have been with us for ages.

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
"Harry" wrote in message
Just managed to get into the garden for the first time this week, where

are
all the sparrows, is it just my garden, or me.
Anyone who has to many send them up to the north east, I have plenty of
food.

Harry

House sparrow population has declined by about 50% since 1970. Numerous
reasons have been put forward invluding loss of hedges and bird proofing
of homes.
Although around my area in SE Scotland, the decline isn't too obvious,
(my beech hedge is providing shelter to loads at present) there is a lot of
literature on the web about the problem. I have copied across some links for
those interested

http://www.sparrowsneedhedges.com
http://www.bto.org/gbw/HOUSP/
http://www.bto.org/gbw/GBW_NEWS/NEWS...OUSPINSERT.pdf