Old 16-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Kira Dirlik

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:50:20 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

Kira,

Another poster already covered the fact that you may have planted the onion
bulbs too late, and the heat got them.

However, were the bulbs nice & heavy? If not, they may have been stored
improperly, and there simply was not enough of the bulb left to sustain
growth.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

They were nice and firm. Got them in bulk at Barnes Seed and Supply
in Durham, so I presume they were meant to grow here in this area.
But I probably did plant them too late. It must have been after April
15th last year, because the other plants were already in. Oh well,
NEXT year (since mid-Feb is long gone) ! Does the same advice go
for garlic? Never had success with that either.
Thanks.
Kira