Old 16-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Sean Dinh

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
I've been to Aquascape site, yet couldn't find any information regarding
what went inside the biofall. If you worry about killing the beneficial
bacteria, try cleaning half of the filter. Then clean the other half 2
weeks later. The other option is to stop feeding the fish, and clean the
filter now. Resume feeding 2 weeks later.
pMy pond had a lot of plants, yet it had pea soup water. It cleared once
my better filter started to function. I had those same green water in an
outdoor aquarium. It remained green until I put in some Water Hyacinth.
Plants alone did not clear the water, the same could be said about filter.
pDon't feel too bad. People with superior filters still have problem
with pea soup. They still need to resort to using UV filter to remove it.
If you want a quick solution, get one installed.
pAs for bacteria products, I have no idea. I've never used them.
pebruvold wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEMore information seems in order.
pThe filter  is an Aquascape "BIOFALLS" filter.  The contractor
who put
brit in suggested not to clean that often as it would kill off the
brbenefial bacteria.  I believe the recommendation was to change
out the
brfilter once a year.  It looks generally clean (or at least not
clogged
brand too soiled).
pThe pond gets a LOT of morning shade and then afternoon and evening
brsun.
pI am using supposedly beneficial bacteria - the Aquascape Clear
brbacteria plus SAB enyme.  I haven't tried (but thinking) Barley
(which
bras I understand it I can place either in the pond or in the water
brcourse. I am tyring to get the lillies to cover at least 60% of pond.
brWhat I am trying to figure out is how to make sense of ALL the products
brout on the market.  There seem to be scores of different "bacteria"
brproducts.  Are there any reviews????
pWoudl just like to see the bottom of my pond at some point ;-)/blockquote
/html