Old 17-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:42:04 +0000 (UTC), "David"
wrote:

...I see that there are a few treatments available for rust at my local
garden centre, if it persists then I may be forced into taking action,

I don't consider plants that have to be kept on life support very good
choices for the garden. This includes those with chronic diseases that
require regular treatment.

You *might* want to try meticulous hygiene and see if you can bring
the rust under control that way: remove every infected leaf (including
any that fall to the ground) and burn them. It may be like the
camellia blight we have here that causes the flowers to turn brown:
careful removal of infected and dead flowers can control it.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada