Old 17-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Toni

wrote in message
oups.com...
The Queen palm closest to DVC00098.JPG started off with about 3 or so
fronds looking dried up and brown with a bit of green at the top and
then that faded. Finally the crown seemed to just tip over and it now
seems totally dead.. This took a number of months to occur. I had
been watering with the sprinklers about once every other day and have
since cut it back to about 2 times / week.

Are these trees being fed?
They all look like they need a good feeding to me.

Queen Palms need supplemental palm food and additional applications of
manganese 2-3 times a year- those are the recommendations I follow at any
rate.
They are susceptible to "frizzle top" if a manganese deficiency is allowed
to develop. Frizzle top can indeed kill your palms.

--
Toni Carroll
South Florida USA