Old 17-03-2005, 02:12 AM
J Fortuna

Default fruit flies?

My mother-in-law reports that one of her grandsons, a 2-year-old nephew of
mine, today decided to all of a sudden "repot" one of her orchids. As far as
I understand not much happened to the orchid, but in the process two fruit
flies were observed flying out of the medium. Apparently my mother-in-law
has been experiencing quite a few fruit flies lately (she live in
Wisconsin), and now she suspects that the orchids are or at least may be
infested with them.

Do you have any experience with fruit flies in orchid medium? And if so,
what should one do about them?

Thanks!

Joanna