Old 17-03-2005, 11:27 AM
jane

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:53:00 -0000, "David"
wrote:

~
~ http://www.scottsukonline.com/produc...gcomplete.html
~
~
~
~The guy at Scotts told me to apply vinegar, I have tried this and I can not
~see really any difference.
~
~How long would it take for the stains to go on their own. - It is terrible
~looking at the minute.
~
~I was wondering about power hosing ?
~
~David
~
~
I use lemon juice to remove iron stains in the kitchen on on clothes.
It works best with direct sunlight so pick a sunny day. It takes quite
a while to work, but does in the end. I managed to salvage a white
t-shirt which had got rust stained.

I don't know if it works on stone, but I can tell you it works on
melamine worktops too as I once put a pair of scissors down which got
wet from the sink splashes and stained the surface. I tried everything
I could think of, bleach, vanish, laundry detergent, stain devils, put
up with the stain for some months and then read about lemon juice. An
hour later, no stain.

--
jane

Mark Twain