Old 17-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Callen Molenda

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:02:56 -0500, "Greg" wrote:

"Tony" wrote
"William Barger" wrote

Has anyone planted the three sister (corn,green beans, and squash)

using
the Native American method?

Yes and the information I have found from Extension Agencies as well as
Texas A&M says its not such a great idea.

Did they happen to mention why it is not such a great idea?

Corn and beans can grow together happily, with the beans using the
cornstalks for support. Squash, however, requires a lot of room and a
lot of sun, and is better off away from the shade of a cornpatch.

My father tried this a couple of years ago and whether due to his
inexperience, or the method not being great, it wasn't a success.

Callen in VA