Old 17-03-2005, 06:42 PM
David

Default Detatch large plot

I just bought a new house with 2 and 1/2 acres of land and it needs a
serious detatching. If I powerrake the lot do I need to rake it up (seems
like a lot of work - unless I borrow a tractor with a bag attachment)? Or,
do I just leave the clippings on the lawn? This second option seems like it
would defeat the purpose of detatching in the first place.

Secondly, can I aerate right after I detatch? If so, do I need to flag all
67 heads of my sprinkler system heads so they don't get aereated?

Lastly, the entire lawn is Kentucky Blue Grass. Is it best to use a
different type of grass when I overseed?

Sorry to be the newb today. I am just getting going on how to take care of
my lawn. Thanks.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.