Old 17-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:57:11 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

Shipton Bulbs sell snowdrops in the green by mail order:
http://www.bluebellbulbs.co.uk/
Lots of other goodies there too. We found them very efficient
although I have to say none of our wild daffs have come up but we
think that's something at our end, not theirs. We're hoping they are
just getting settled in and will amaze us next year!

Don't worry..transplanted wild daffs take at least a year (sometimes
two) to settle down enough to flower. The good news is that the bulbs
seem to divide and multiply even when they aren't flowering-size so one
day you'll get terrific displays.

Thanks for the reassurance Janet - yes, that was what we were hoping.
We planted 50 Welsh and 50 English wild daffs which we hope will
spread and naturalise happily on a grassy bank which faces the lane.
Wait for the sounds of Eureka! from Shropshire this time next year
g.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap