Old 17-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Kay

In article , Jim Lesurf jcgl@st-
and.demon.co.uk writes

I have now also experimented with putting some sweet pea seeds into some
pots in a bag on the window-sill. The packet advised putting the seeds in
"warm water overnight" first. However I had no real idea what constituted
"warm" in this context. I put them in water in small contained sitting
above a fan oven for a couple of hours (water just cool to the finger) in
the evening, then left them overnight, then shoved them in the pots in the
morning.

Warm as in water you would find it comfortable to wash in.
Peas are designed to protect the important bits!

But they will germinate in about two weeks even without that. May take
another week to break through the surface of the soil.
--
Kay