Old 17-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Rod

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:57:27 +0000, Kay
wrote:

In article , Janet Bennett
writes
Whilst hanging out washing on line, noticed some disturbance in Pond - about
eight pairs of frogs? My daughter's standing next to me as I type, saying
"Watch out Slugs the Frogs are in Town". Anyone else got frogs in their pond
yet?

Yes - I posted last week that I had 37 of them in one pond. Today we
have spawn :-)

I saw frogspawn in the Clwydians last Saturday, the snow had not quite
cleared from the higher slopes. It was in a galvanised tank being used
as a sheep drinking trough at about 200m asl . It was just below a
small spring and almost filled with soil and rocks washed into it. The
spawn was in the 8cm or so of water above all the rubbish so the water
was never going to get any deeper and the spawn made mounds above the
water in places. Some tadpoles were already emerged.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.