Old 18-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Ima Googler

Default Should I remove last years mulched leaves from my gardens?

Another question from the group newbie...

Last year I purchased a shredder/vac/blower and shredded up all of our
leaves and put a nice thick layer on my flower beds. I've got
probably 4 inches or so on top of my main garden and I'm wondering if
thats too much. The garden includes mainly hosta, heuchera and a few
other shade perennials. I moved some of the mulched leaves out of
the way today and it seemed pretty damp underneath, we've had lots of
rain lately. Will this be a problem, is it too think or should I
just leave the mulch as is? I'm hoping it will be ok and it can serve
as a weed barrier.

Thanks in advance for your help!