Old 17-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Benign Vanilla

"George" wrote in message
news:wT9_d.144483$4q6.122051@attbi_s01...
snip
Don't feel too bad. People with superior filters still have problem with

pea
soup. They still need to resort to using UV filter to remove it. If you

want a
quick solution, get one installed.

Hmmm. If the filter is so superior, why do they have pea green soup for

water?
I only had this problem once, immediately after I set up my pond three

years
ago. I haven't had it since.

As for bacteria products, I have no idea. I've never used them.

They work, and work well.

I disagree. I get an algae bloom EVERY YEAR. When the VF takes off, the
water clears within days. My neighbor, who uses a biofilter only, added a VF
last year, and had clear water for the first time.

I am not anti-UV, I just don't have a need for it.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com