Old 17-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Sarah Dale

Janet Baraclough wrote:
You might prefer "Kitchen Garden", if it's still published, less
gloss but more down to earth. I've recently become disenchanted with

Yes, Kitchen Garden is still available, and I'm 5 issues into my years
subsricption.

I like it a lot - it only covers veg, its practical, down to earth, good
photos and not too many adverts. It does have a 2 page chicken section
every month. Theres an article by Bob Flowerdew every month, and they
have just added Joy Larkcom and Joyce Russel to the contributing autors

Much much better than GW magazine for my taste. Got 6 packets of seed
when I joined (through an offer in the Telegraph my parents found) and
have had 4 packets of freebie seeds so far stuck on the front covers.

HTH,

Sarah