Old 17-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Rosalind

In article , Harry
writes

I will now watch the paint dry

Thank you all for your imput,I may give the cat repeller ago, the woman next
door to me has little boxes that she keeps cats in, 7 of the little s****.

When I arrived in my new home in Surrey, I was pleased to hear the
sparrows twittering. The next year they had gone.

Now there are masses of them. Reason? Long, high, thick hedges,
trees. School children feeding birds perhaps. There was a gap of about
2 years. I did get the top of my hedge cut off but it was still 6 feet
high.

Plenty of cats around but they do not seem to catch birds.
I think there is more feeding of birds here, perhaps using different
foods. I put out (in a wire container) a fatty suety confection with
berries in it and I have had a wide selection of birds feeding, not many
sparrows though. Food attached under revolving clothes drier. Probably
mostly starlings, tits, robins.

I have not seen the squirrel that was very clever at reaching
everything!

--
Rosalind Walter