Old 18-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Cowboy

s wrote:
I have a pineapple top that I rooted in water and i think it may be ready to
plant. Full sun I guess? Soil is extremely sandy on S Padre Island. Like all
sand with a little organic but extremely loose. Also I have a part of a
cactus that budded off of another and fell off. I read something about
cutting off a part of the bottom and letting it dry out before rooting? Too
much sun turns it yellow? How to know when to water?

The cactus budded and fell off the parent, so it doesn't anything but
dirt. If the parent is living in the yard, and that's where you're
planting the pup, you hardly ever water. If they are in clay pots, with
proper well draining soil you can water weekly in the summer, never in
winter. If in plastic it depends on the dirt - porus, sandy soil can
also be watered weekly. Cactus like water mixed with dry-outs. They
don't like moisture with cold weather. For the most part.

Cowboy