Old 17-03-2005, 08:34 PM
George

"Hal" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 06:50:06 GMT, "George"
wrote:

I know it is time to clean the pre-filter when the water
pressure drops slightly. This happens about once every two weeks to once a
month during the summer. In the winter I rarely have a problem with water
pressure. I never have to clean the filter. It has worked great for me.

You have a better filter than I do and I'm glad it works so well for
you.

Regards,

Hal

I cleaned the pre-filter this afternoon, and boy was I right. It was the
dirtiest I've ever seen it (but then, I haven't cleaned it all winter). Now
that I've done so, the filter should start to kick in soon, since it is finally
starting to warm up a little. The water was 50 degrees this afternoon. If it
stays warm (50s), the water chould get warm enough for the bacteria to start
kicking in. By the way, the only costs for that filter was the pre-filter, the
pump, about 6 feet of hose, and the gravel. The filter housing itself was a
freebee.