Old 18-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Mike wrote:
-- wrote in message
ups.com...
Little Mini Diggers, those narrow enough to go down a side path, are
available for hire, but a couple of things I would point out, 1) once

you
have the digger on site, and once you have dug your trench, are you

going to
be able to get the digger out or would you have 'dug yourself' in?

and 2) if
you are going to dig all of this clay and egg stones out, is the

stuff
suitable for building the ground up, or are you going to be lumbered

with
the expense of getting rid of it?

The side access path is already at the level of the house so it
shouldn't be a problem. I don't mind a bit of the "bad" soil in there
to build the other side up but yes I think some of it will need to be
taken away so I guess I need to think about hiring a skip or something
at the same time. ...or using some kind of "great escape" arrangement
:-)