Old 18-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Kay wrote:
[...]
I can remember seeing tadpoles in a puddle in a forestry commission
walk once. Frogs are not bright.

[...]

A very distressing feature of my last house was that it was built on
what seemed to be froglets' ancestral route: in early years a few
always used to come in and suffer attack by the pets, or dehydrate in
odd corners. I even found one dead in the bottom of a tin of white
spirit I'd left just inside the back door after cleaning
paintbrushes. Since it had previously been the site of a cowshed, I
suppose earlier migrations had been a bit more successful. The
swallows learned the new arrangements within about ten years, too.

--
Mike.