Old 19-03-2005, 03:19 AM
Nancy

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:50:22 +1100, Chookie
wrote:

Our wintergreen couch lawn has been constantly producing sead heads
all summer. I have tried soil wetters, fertlising, extra watering,
weekly mowin; all with no success.

Er, what's the problem?

The problem is the sead heads - they are itchy. According to the
supplier it should only sead for a few weeks each year, which is
exactly what it did last summer.

I have read elsewhere that they are a sign of stress - but can't work
what the lawn might be stressed about!

Hmmmmmmm take it to a shrink and find out ))

Seriously there is nothing wrong with your lawn.
I have a beautiful lush green couch lawn and it puts out seed heads every
week.
If you check out lots of parks and gardens with couch grass you will find
they all do the same.
I just keep mine mowed every week.
cheers
Nancy