Old 19-03-2005, 02:58 AM
fran

They sure do take up a lot of space, but I'm not too bothered, as our
front "yard" is just covered in bark mulch anyway. If they interfere
with our new Star Magnolia or Mexican Oranges, though, I'll start
kicking some bluebell butt.

Adam

They will have absolutely no effect on your magnolias or oranges.
Just leave them alone until all the leaves turn brown, then trim and
wait for next years bloom. I've had clumps in my garden around
roses, St John's Wort, pansies, spieria, lilacs, etc. and they've
never caused a problem.

You may want to thin them every 5 - 6 years. Just dig deep enough to
find the bulbs, seperate them, and replant.