Old 19-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Xi Wang

Oh I didn't know that. I used to use rain water in the summer, now I
use tap. I'm wondering, just how badly can straight tap water be? I
let it "sit", but only so that it warms up to room temperature. It's in
a sealed bottle though, so does that really let any of the chlorine
escape? How is the plant damaged and what signs/symptoms would you look
for/detect?

Cheers,
Xi

wrote:
I like to use rainwater to water my orchids but it's clear. With
yours you might have an algae problem or a really good source of
nutrients, after all we all know tap water contains chlorine which can
be harmful to plants. That's why they say to leave a gallon jar setting
out to get rid of it before you water your plants. Burr