Old 19-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Warren

Mother Earth wrote:
For 20 years (pretty much since the internet began), I've been reading these
claims. I've decided to check it out myself and turn the results into a
nice freelance article. If you'd like to know the actual results (as
opposed to the claims), feel free to email me.

What a great way to build a sucker list, and to try to look like you're not just
slinging pyramid scheme spam.

The scam has been around since shortly after the Romans created the first postal
service. (Or was it the Greeks?) Only the delivery method has changed. If you
want to know how it all will turn out, there are already thousands of accounts,
both first-hand by people who've been duped, and by people who understand how it
works without having to get caught.

If you were truly interested in once again recreating the results by getting
burned yourself, there would be no reason to announce your plans to us, no need
to post the entire scam here, and no attempt to harvest e-mail addresses. You'd
simply tell us what happened after it was done. You also wouldn't feel the need
to disguise the true topic of your post by using a subject line unrelated to the
subject, but of interest to the group. The appropriate nickname was an
interesting touch, too.

I'm sure that most folks will see right through your scam, but I'm posting this
just in case someone read it while they were too tired, and vulnerable.

The message was spam. Period.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.