Old 19-03-2005, 09:18 PM
nemo2

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:01:57 -0800, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

I meant mention that when I measure the water quality there's nothing
that appears to be out of order (not measured it since last summer).

What tests are you performing and what are the results? Besides ammonia &
nitrite, what's the pH and KH? Water temp? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Hi Jan,

I haven't run a test this year yet, but when I was having the problem
last year pH was neutral and absolutely no trace of anything. I
brought a pond vac today gave the pond a good clean so I let it settle
and then run a water test and post the results here.

Not sure what the water temperature is, but I was getting some stones
from the bottom of the pond and my arm was freezing. Seriously, I'm in
the UK and the air temperature has been in the high 60's degrees F for
the last couple of days, but before the week before the pond was
frozen. I did see my fish swimming around which was nice as I said
earlier that a heron is a frequent visitor.

regards

nemo2