Old 20-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Bob Hobden

"Janet Tweedy" wrote
Was going to add this question to the other thread about greenhouses but
thought it ought to be in it's own and it's not strictly about
greenhouses.
I have an Alton 10 x 8 greenhouse about 26 years old.
Some of my staging I have had to take out as it's now rotten though cedar
and treated regularly. Trying to find some new staging that will be strong
enough to take much weight is proving really difficult. Do I go for more
cedar/wood or do I opt for aluminium. I know it's a wooden greenhouse but
just thought aluminium might be cheaper and less likely to rot.

I want to put a hot 'tray' on the top which takes four full sized seed
trays and I would need another shelf underneath. So about 5 foot long.
Not very DIY minded though I could follow DIY plans if there were any for
free standing staging.

On the other side I have just bought a plunge bench with soil cable and no
filled with sharp sand but the legs seem a bit flimsy, though it's taking
the weight of four bags of sharp sand and some pots.

All advice gratefully received.
--

I'd go for the ally and if the colour is not to your liking then paint it
before you install it, you would need some special paint and I think

As I suggested below a good manufacturer of staging is...
http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSi...ookie%5Ftest=1

Best to order a catalogue, and I believe they make to order/size too so you
could get whatever size you want.

--
Regards
Bob