Old 20-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Mike LaMana

Where are you (Tasmania, Boston, Seattle??), what kind of maple soil type,
climate, what has failed to grow, etc, etc,...need more info

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

"PatK" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a very large maple tree that covers about half of my yard and every
summer the grass dies underneath it from lack of sun (and rain I'm sure)
Now it's just a dirt area. Is there anything I can plant underneath of it
that would grow without a lot of encouragement? I need something pretty
sturdy because I have a large dog that likes to run in my yard several
times a day, though she's not really destructive. I thought about ivy but
I was wondering if there's anything else?

Thanks,
Pat