Old 20-03-2005, 08:31 PM
junkyardcat

It is my understanding that Vinca grows very well in full shade, and it will
spread fairly quickly. It has nice greenery, with beautiful purplish blue
flowers on it in the Springtime I have some around several of my trees in
the back of my property

Angie

"PatK" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a very large maple tree that covers about half of my yard and
every summer the grass dies underneath it from lack of sun (and rain I'm
sure) Now it's just a dirt area. Is there anything I can plant
underneath of it that would grow without a lot of encouragement? I need
something pretty sturdy because I have a large dog that likes to run in
my yard several times a day, though she's not really destructive. I
thought about ivy but I was wondering if there's anything else?

Thanks,
Pat