Old 20-03-2005, 09:54 PM
PatK

Mike LaMana wrote:
Where are you (Tasmania, Boston, Seattle??), what kind of maple soil type,
climate, what has failed to grow, etc, etc,...need more info

Southwestern Ohio. I'm not sure what kind of maple it is. It doesn't
turn color in the fall, the leaves just fall off. But it's big, about 50
ft. tall and it's right on the fence line, so there's an area that boops
out into the lawn that grass just dies. (about a 15 ft. area) I've had
peonies planted along the fence line, but they've all died underneath
the tree, though they grow to either side of it. I try to plant grass
there every spring but so far it's not made it until fall.
Pat