Old 21-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Frogleg

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:24:44 GMT, Time2Live
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:10:24 -0800, David Ross
wrote:

Most public libraries and many nurseries have reference copies of
Sunset's "Western Garden Book" available for you to use.

That is true. I own the 2004 edition at my home. But what *web site**
offers similar information please.

Advice often given here when people ask questions like "what should I
plant in my garden?" or "how do I design landscaping for a new house"
is to visit the library and check on many of the excellent references
there. I can't think why any publisher would want to translate its
best-selling reference works into a freely accessible web site.

The web is excellent, however, when you reach the point of asking
specific questions. There are sites devoted to nearly every kind of
plant, with masses of in-depth information. Searching on "plant_name
propagation" or "plant_name cultivation" will quickly yield more
specifics.

It's a little more work than checking the index of your Sunset book,
but if you think of search functions as an index, your ideal "web
site" is the web itself.