Old 22-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Travis

PatK wrote:
lgb wrote:
In article ,
says...

Mike LaMana wrote:

Where are you (Tasmania, Boston, Seattle??), what kind of maple
soil type, climate, what has failed to grow, etc, etc,...need
more info

Southwestern Ohio.

I've had
peonies planted along the fence line, but they've all died
underneath the tree, though they grow to either side of it. I try
to plant grass there every spring but so far it's not made it
until fall.
Pat

Have you tried one of the lamiums? They're perennials, ground
cover, some with multi-colored foilage, small but numerous blooms,
and they'll grow most anywhere. They do fine under our trees in
Zone 5.

No, in fact I've never heard of it. Does it have a common name?

Pat

It spreads like wild fire and is difficult to get rid of.

Google is your friend.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5