Old 22-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Chris Potts

andrewpreece wrote:
Just bought one, a couple of feet high, green leaves, no further info on the
pot except it says it gets to 3m/well drained soil/sun or light shade.

There is no visible trunk at the moment, I was wondering how fast these
things grow? I have a spot for it that is occupied by a dead tree at the
moment,
but I don't want to cut the dead tree down right away as there is a
dove-cote
thingy on top, so it'll go in a pot for the time being. I'd be interested to
know how
long it'll be before it reaches 6 feet. Any ideas?

Andy.

Hello Andrew,

I am sure it says "well drained soil/sun or light shade" on all plants,
just for something to say. We had a cordyline in a pot for years and it
never got more than two foot high. We then panted it in our sad heavy
North Lincolnshire clay, and it has shot to over ten foot in three
years. They grow very fast if they like being where they are.

All the best,

Chris Potts