Old 22-03-2005, 11:33 AM
newsb

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , newsb
writes

I've recently got some 30" "Hercules" staging for my 8x10 Hercules
greenhouse. Very sturdy and easy to put together.

http://www.onlinegreenhouses.co.uk/s...tem/index.html

Been there, seen it and now ordered, thanks a million for the advice!
It looks good and it's not expensive but I never found it using Google
so it just shows how useful this newsgroup is!

Just a word of advice - the staging without the bottom tier is not as
sturdy as when with the second tier - and the standard cost shown
doesn't include the bottom tier, I think. (I've got a 6 ft length with
bottom tier and a 4 ft length without; the 4 ft length is fine - but not
quite as sturdy as the length with the second tier).

Also, I put mine together myself, but it might be useful to make it a
two man job - getting the angled blocks between leg ends and top is a
little fiddly. It makes it easier to get a 90 degree angle between leg
end and top if you have someone to hold it while you screw.

Getting the angle correct is pretty crucial for getting it to full
sturdiness - and if you don't, it can be difficult to get the lower tier
in. (As I found through experience). All went well in the end though

Of course, now its in place I don't want any thing as dirty or prone to
splashing as plant pots etc on my nice new staging

--
regards andyw