Old 22-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Geo Geo is offline
Registered User

Hi David,
I hadn`t seen that one reagrding Kew but i can imagine it would have a huge impact on the temperature difference (and heating costs)

I think Eden has a similar system in that they have a cliff face to the rear that stores daytime heat and radiates it back at night.
They also have enormous volumes of water that pour into the site that no doubt brings heat from surrounding land in the process.

They have a somewhat larger area than i do

Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Sounds really interesting and the sort of thing the Eden project should
be doing on a larger scale. I do like the mutual balance idea :-)

Did you know Kew had problems in the winter recently when they had
drained the large lily pond - only later did they find out the water had
been a major element of stabilising the temperature at night. Replaced
water in pond - no more problems!
--
David