Old 22-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Tex John

If you don't trim it, Crapes will give you a bush. And cuttings are so easy
to root you can do a whole fenceline with just a few plants over a couple of
years.

Course Oleanders are supposed to be easy to root, too, and give a quicker
screen.

John
in Houston

"John Baker" wrote in message
Well...here is what I have done.

After this past weekend...I planted two fruit trees, a Bonanza Dwarf Peach
and a Metheny Plum tree. As far as the fence line, well, i thought about

the
fact that the myrtles wouldn't be so much an additional privacy fence, but
more trees and pretty flowers. So...since the budget is not ready for that
yet...i'll start thinking about blooming bushes, maybe something like
Oleander.

thanks for all the ideas and replies,

John

"John Baker" wrote in message
I am planning on planting some flowering trees along a fence line. About
seven of them. I was thinking of crepe myrtles. I heard they can grow

fast.

I was also thinking about planting some fruit trees along another fence
line. I was wondering if anyone has some good suggestions as to what
fruits grow well in Austin area.

Any ideas would be great. I'm not stuck on the crepe myrtles...i just

want
some color and something that can grow higher than a 6 foot fence.

Thanks,
John