Old 22-03-2005, 06:15 PM
paghat

In article , lgb
wrote:

In article FRK%d.15972$oa6.4589@trnddc07,
lid says...
Have you tried one of the lamiums? They're perennials, ground
cover, some with multi-colored foilage, small but numerous blooms,
and they'll grow most anywhere. They do fine under our trees in
Zone 5.

No, in fact I've never heard of it. Does it have a common name?

Pat

It spreads like wild fire and is difficult to get rid of.

That may be true of the original species, but the multi-colored hybrids
sold at the garden centers are much better behaved. Of course they
spread, if they didn't nobody would buy them for a ground cover :-).

Ours have been in for several years now and we've had no need to cut
them back.

My deadnettles (three varieties) are very well behaved. They are not
aggressive enough to keep down weeds, & they are not evergreen so
winter-germinating weeds can invade. They seem to need a bit more care &
very loose soil to look their best & wouldn't be my choice for difficult
planting areas.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he