Old 21-03-2005, 09:48 PM
GA Pinhead

That is odd, the reply never showed up for me... it sent before I was
done. Oh well.

If you are staking rather than caging, 8-10 foot piece of rebar, for a
stake.

Otherwise the reinforcing wire they use for concrete. Get at least 6
foot tall though. Our tomatoes can go up, down and up again in one
year. As someone else suggested make a couple of prongs on the bottom
and put at least 4 bricks acrosss the bottom wire. Nothing like a six
foot cage of tomato geeting blown over and ripped out by the roots.
(experience)

Good Luck!

John!

ge wrote:
I've heard rebar before; but, I don't have the picture. Is it like, a
'rebar fence', or a horizontal surface, or ...?

The only rebar I'm familiar with is 4' rods; does it come in some kind
of mesh?

Thanks,
George

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:02:58 -0500, GA Pinhead
wrote:

Rebar?