Old 22-03-2005, 08:08 PM
C. Browder

I have no idea what in the hell this has to do with things for sale in
the RDU area ... but you may as well get used to the fact that less and
less is made in your home land. It's like that everywhere in the world,
with of course the excetpions of Mexico, China and Taiwan. My german
car has a "Assembled in Mexico" sticker on it's doorjam, my American
computer has "Design in california, assembled in Taiwan" on it's
backside, and my Brother printer even have a warning that some parts
are foreign. Americans are consumers, it's what we do best. There are
no televisions made in the USA anymore. Before long there won't be
hardly any real electronics produced on our soil, just imported over
and rebranded to be an american name. It's sad, but, we aren't the only
country facing this: England, France, Spain, hell even Germany are all
outsouring. It's cheaper, better for the global economy, and cheaper
for the consumer. Does it mean it's better... not really. Does it mean
I got my car for $5000 less than it would have cost if it was made in
Germany? Yes. Does that mean I am more lilkely to deal with the minor
electrical problems? no. C'est la vie.