Old 23-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Magwitch

Default Cordoned pear trees

I'm thinking of buying 12 cordoned pear trees to act as a fruiting border to
our vegetable garden. These are fairly mature, in a double U shape and 1.3m
high and are retailing at (gasp) £79.95 each. It would be a major expense so
I was wondering if there are any cheaper ones available.

I know I could get the trees and do it myself for less than a quarter of the
price, but if it would take 15 years before they are looking good, I very
much doubt I'll be able to stagger down the garden by then to appreciate
them

Anyone know of a cheaper source for these or could give me some good news
about how long it'd take to 'cordon' my own from scratch?