Old 22-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Katra

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Temperatures above 55°F for at least part of the night are required
for the first fruit set. Night temperatures above 75°F in the summer
months inhibit fruit set. Tomatoes are self pollinating, but do seem
to appreciated being lightly tapped to facilitate the process.

Yes, been trying to go in there and do that when I see new flowers. :-)
I'll have to make sure I keep all the vents and doors open then when the
weather warms up.

The book I have says that indeterminate tomato plants will continue to
grow and produce until killed by disease or frost. Who knows if you
keep them in the greenhouse. Most of my determinates have lasted as
long as the indeterminates. Don't know if they would have continued
to produce in a greenhouse. Give it a try.

I will, and will also be sure to report!
So, what do the terms "determinate" and "Indeterminate" mean?
Those are new to me. ;-o

Thanks!
Kat
--