Old 23-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Rusty Mase

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:42:12 GMT, "jojo"
wrote:

How (and when) do I get the birds out of my chimney?

You may be stuck this year either being a landlord to these birds or
possibly being really cruel. I am assuming you have a masonry chimney
and swifts have moved in. My neighbors has one and I envy them.

If they are a problem to you then placing wire mesh over the top
opening is the only alternative. If you do it now, making sure they
are not in there at the time you put the wire over it like in the
early morning or late afternoon, you may be able to catch them prior
to finishing their nests and laying eggs.

Otherwise, make sure the damper is closed or stuff the bottom opening
of the chimney with crumpled newspaper to seal it. Now if you have a
metal chimney pipe I have no clue as to what is going on.

Rusty Mase