Old 22-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message

Oh, I'm jealous! I bought two tadpoles last year (I was warned that

frogs
are territorial and that one would kick the other out) but never did

hear
any froggie noises so I'm not sure either one stayed. Maybe I'll be
luckier this year!

===============================
I haven't seen territorial behavior in any of the frogs we have here.

If
you're in a subdivision they may not have survived. Of the thousands

born
each year no more than a few survive until the next spring.

Those of us in rural areas usually have more than enough frogs and

toads.
==========
I think cats are the biggest reason I can't keep frogs - I have cats
constantly coming around my pond and as soon as they start to croak at
night, it's not long before they are no longer here - a friend a couple of
blocks away from my place has a dog that goes crazy whenever a cat enters
his yard and he lets him out to scare the cat away to shut the dog up and

he
always has frogs
Gale :~)

Our neighbor's obese cat comes around at night but the frogs continue to
kanoodle and croak in the uncovered kiddy pools. I think this cat is
looking for something tastier than a cold, wet, clammy, slimy frog! :-)
My dogs, all elderly now, are showing almost no interest in either the
neighbor's waddling cat or the frogs starting to show up around here.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...