Old 23-03-2005, 04:03 PM

Default My intro and questions!

Hello to all!
I'm new to this site and am looking forward to learning all that I can
from you, as well as giving opinions, if I feel qualified to do so! ;o)
I am an American, in America and will be moving to England sometime
this year... I love to garden - flowers, herbs and lately, veggies! My
hubby is from there (Lincoln)... and about all the gardening he had
done was growing bamboo!
Now, I need to know how things work over there... Are there any sites
I can go to to learn how the zones work there? What can be grown there?
Are your zones numbered the same as ours? What kind of growing seasons
do you have? Yadda, yadda... Also, I've been reading the thread about
greenhouses... Are these houses just to start seeds and transfer out or
are the seasons so short that they might as well be left to do their
thing in a greenhouse? Can these greenhouses be used for a winter
garden?
I don't want to offend anyone, so please let me know if there is
something I had said that was out of line... I know all to well that
there is a slight difference between my version of English and yours.
;o) Thank you!
I'd appreciate all your help!

Erin